[Zope] zGold?

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:14:52 -0000

Hi Lucas,

I am the original author of zGold, and I'd like to explain where it came
from and what happened to it subsequently.

zGold was originally written as an exercise of learning and also as an
example site for a conference/exhibition here in the UK.

At creation time there was no intention of releasing it to the public at
large.  It was however made available purely as a 'teaching aid'.

Subsequently it was proved that there was a serious security hole in it that
allowed users to see the clear-text passwords/usernames of other users.

Also since this was created in my 'spare time', I have had no further time
to allocate to it and it has sort of died of neglect.

That being said, I still have the original tarball hanging around and anyone
who wants it can mail me and I'll get it sent out.

caveat:
zGold is not supported in anyway and is not 'production' ready.  Use it at
your own risk.  I will not be liable/responsible for any/all problems it may
cause.

Thanks for listening.

Phil
phil.harris@zope.co.uk