[Zope] REQUST.form

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 21:49:47 -0700

Dyon Balding wrote:

> from dtml using REQUEST.form.items(), the order of the form variables
> is jumbled.  is there any way to get the original order that they
> appeared in the <form>?  assuming the browser sends them in the same
> order that they appear in the <form>?

Good luck. :(

 Browsers and servers are neither required to, nor are (to my knowledge)
respecting any sequence of form fields. Basically, IME, if you need the
data going in somewhere to be in the same order ( a program that expects
certain values in certain a order, for example), have whatever processes
the returned data order it for you.

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.