[Zope] what defines the absolute_url() prefix?

Daryl Tester dt@picknowl.com.au
Thu, 09 Mar 2000 21:48:30 +1030

Oleg Broytmann wrote:

>    You can even access
> http://localhost/cws/cws/cws/cws/cws/cws/Help :)
>    It is aquisition's drawback...

Well, it's a "feature" I can live with (otherwise it wouldn't be working
at all :-).

>> <Location /cws>
>>     SetHandler pcgi-handler
>>     PCGI_ROOT /cws
>>     PCGI_SetEnv SiteRootPATH /cws
>> </Location>
>
>    Try "PCGI_SetEnv SiteRootPATH /" here too...

Tried that too, no joy (with all possible combinations of PCGI_ROOT and
PCGI_SetEnv, as I don't exactly understand its affect on Zope itself).

The dump from the REQUEST Session state shows (for both settings of
PCGI_SetEnv, plus some judicious editing):

URL:		http://localhost/cws/cws/Help/index_html
URL0:		http://localhost/cws/cws/Help/index_html
SERVER_URL:	http://localhost
REQUEST_URI:	/cws/Help
PATH_INFO:	/cws/Help

SiteRootPATH: changes (from /cws to /), so that's something.  :-)
From an environmental point of view, things appear OK (but what
would I know, I've only be using Zope for just over a week).  I'm
not sure how absolute_url() is constructing the full URL, but I guess
it would be from those above components (there doesn't appear to be
anything that defines the absolute hierarchy that I can find).

On a whim, I tried http://localhost/cws/manage, and the urls on that
page suffer the same problem too (eg, in the left hand frame there are
links of the form "http://localhost/cws/cws/Help/manage_workspace").
At least it's not just my DTML methods. :-)

Regards,
  Daryl Tester