[Zope] what defines the absolute_url() prefix?

Oleg Broytmann phd@phd.russ.ru
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 11:48:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 9 Mar 2000, Daryl Tester wrote:
> >> <Location /cws>
> >>     SetHandler pcgi-handler
> >>     PCGI_ROOT /cws
> >>     PCGI_SetEnv SiteRootPATH /cws
> >> </Location>
> >
> >    Try "PCGI_SetEnv SiteRootPATH /" here too...
>
> Tried that too, no joy (with all possible combinations of PCGI_ROOT and
> PCGI_SetEnv, as I don't exactly understand its affect on Zope itself).

   Well, let's me clarify a bit. PCGI_ROOT is the folder (or other object)
in Zope which will serve your requests. In your situation it is folder
"cws" in root folder.

   PCGI_SetEnv is *only an example* of how to set per-request environment
variable. Whatever variable you'll use and what value to set - it is up to
your configuration. In my example it is variable SiteRootPATH.

   This variable only works with SiteAccess. I use SiteAccess pretty
happily, and it solves all my virtual hosting needs, including rewriting of
BASE, absolute_url, etc.

   Without SiteAccess you'll get exactly what you get - additional path
components.

Oleg.
----
    Oleg Broytmann      Foundation for Effective Policies      phd@phd.russ.ru