[Zope] WorldPilot Calendar fixes and (UW) IMAP Options available

Ryan Hughes rh@n-h.net
Fri, 10 Mar 2000 21:59:14 +0100

Hi Tony,

"A.J. Rossini" wrote:

>     WA> Calendar Problems: For everybody who had Timezone troubles
>     WA> with the WorldPilot Calendar, this release should hopefully
>     WA> work for you now.
>
> Yep, except that I'm seeing:
>         Event:  (box w/ new) GMTDayLong():952560000 int():952560000 Thursday - Mar. 9, 2000
>
> at the top.  I'm not picky, it's a tad ugly, but I thought you should
> know.

Uuupps, Thanks. I knew I'd forget to remove it.
I already got used to reading time in epoch UTC ;-)
worldpilot.1.0.4 fixes it.
I included WPsmtplib.py and WPimaplib.py and use them now instead of the
originals to avoid dependency problems in these modules

>     WA> UW IMAP users: And for all the (UW-) IMAP users there is now a
>     WA> IMAPHACK.py file located in the WorldPilot Product
>     WA> directory. Here you can set the Base IMAP directory (e.g. Mail
>     WA> or INBOX) and you can choose to only list subscribed folders
>     WA> (but you'll currently need to subscribe them with a seperate
>     WA> client).
>
> I tried this out, and yep, I'm getting somewhere, but not where I want
> to be.  In particular, I'm not able to see any messages at all.  And
> when I've got mail in the box, I get:
>
>           readonly
>
>           Sorry, a Zope error occurred.
>
>           Traceback (innermost last):
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 214, in publish_module
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 179, in publish
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 202, in zpublisher_exception_hook
>               (Object: RoleManager)
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 165, in publish
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160, in mapply
>               (Object: prog)
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line 102, in call_object
>               (Object: prog)
>             File /var/lib/zope/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 1910, in prog
>               (Object: RoleManager)
>             File /var/lib/zope/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 1831, in displayIfLoggedOn
>               (Object: RoleManager)
>             File /var/lib/zope/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 369, in callResource
>             File /var/lib/zope/Products/WorldPilot/Resource.py, line 137, in callResource
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_String.py, line 502, in __call__
>               (Object: <string>)
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_In.py, line 476, in renderwb
>               (Object: Logon.cacheIMAPFetch(REQUEST))
>             File /usr/lib/zope/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Util.py, line 335, in eval
>               (Object: Logon.cacheIMAPFetch(REQUEST))
>               (Info: Logon)
>             File <string>, line 0, in ?
>             File /var/lib/zope/Products/WorldPilot/WorldPilot.py, line 521, in cacheIMAPFetch
>             File /var/lib/zope/Products/WorldPilot/imaplib.py, line 468, in select
>           readonly: INBOX is not writable
>
> the first time.  Subsequent times (until the next message arrives), I
> get "This folder is empty".

I took a look at the imap code. it basically complains that
the SELECTed folder is not read writable.
As far as I can remember the problem may be that UW IMAP locks your
folders when they get selected.
Possibly you're accessing that folder with a different client
concurrently?

Let me know if that's the problem, since I have heard about this problem
a few times, and I thought it was a locking issue on UW IMAP.

If not we'll have to look into it.

Cheers,
Ryan

--
Ryan Hughes <rh@n-h.net>
Neuberger & Hughes GmbH   http://www.n-h.net

The Open Source Personal Information Manager Server