[Zope] WorldPilot Calendar fixes and (UW) IMAP Options available

A.J. Rossini rossini@biostat.washington.edu
10 Mar 2000 14:24:35 -0800

    RH> I took a look at the imap code. it basically complains that
    RH> the SELECTed folder is not read writable.  As far as I can
    RH> remember the problem may be that UW IMAP locks your folders
    RH> when they get selected.  Possibly you're accessing that folder
    RH> with a different client concurrently?

Yes!  But I think that the concurrency might be happening from
Zope/WorldPilot?  I.e. that it is submitting another command prior to
the first results?  I ran (the patched) imaplib.py by itself (it has a
"sample session") which gave "reasonable" results...

    RH> Let me know if that's the problem, since I have heard about
    RH> this problem a few times, and I thought it was a locking issue
    RH> on UW IMAP.

Or, it might be an instance of the way recent UW imap daemons deal
with the maildir issue, copying files to the local user account from
the mail spool...  (see documentation, which I'm not yet sure that I
understand; but then again, I'm a research biostatistician, not a
sysadmin/www-master...).

I replicated it using UW imap locally on the linux (debian) box.

Maybe I'll try firing up Cyrus -- does anyone know if it "drops in" in
the same way that UW Imap does?  (i.e. install and go...).  Debian's
got it, so maybe I can do that...

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini		       Research Assistant Professor of Biostatistics
Biostatistics/Univ. of Washington  (Th)	Box 357232   206-543-1044 (3286=fax)