[Zope] More Z SQL head bashing...

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 17:45:49 +0000

<dtml-in sql_exist>
  <dtml-if "exist > 0">
    <dtml-in sql_newID>
     insert into table (ID, name) values (<dtml-var newID>, <dtml-sqlvar
name...>
    </dtml-in>
  </dtml-if>
</dtml-in>

This looks like it'll work, but there has *got* to be a simpler and more efficient way of doing
it... ;-)

> This worked because I knew the sql_newID and sql_exist will only return a single
> value, so the loop only iterates once.  I've never seen the  <dtml-var
> sqldelimiter>, though, so I don't know what it does....

It's from the ZSQL guide, it lets you put more than one SQL statement in a ZSQL method.
What I don't understand is why the 'exist' variable stops existing... (maybe I should have called it
something else... ;-)

Chris