[Zope] getting object given path

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 13:33:55 -0500 (EST)

I know I've seen reference to a function to get an object reference
given a URL path, but I can't seem to find it.  It doesn't help
that I've been up for more than 24 hours trying to get this code to
work.

I'm just trying to update a series of objects programatically.
I have a form working that submits the data for a Catalog
query to select the correct objects.  The dtml-in statement
is working fine as evidenced by just printing the meta_data
Id.  However...

If I do a <dtml-with getobject(data_record_id)>, the 'id' variable
has the value of the id of the folder above the one the Catalog is
in.  Doing a <dtml-var> on the getobject call shows me a
'folder instandce'.  None of the cataloged items are folders,
they are ZClass instances.  Earlier I ran through the whole catalog
using the dtml-with construct and a reindex_object call, and the
reindexing worked fine.  But now if I try to call
propertysheets.info.manageChangeProperties() I get told that 'info'
does not exist, even though that is definately the name of the
propertysheet.

I'm desperate to get this working for the client.  getpath returns
the correct value, so I think if I can turn that path into an
object I can access the property sheets and get them updated.  But I
also want to know what is going wrong with my Catalog and/or
the getobject method thereof.  I'm not sure where to start looking....

I'm running under Site Access, and I'm guessing that is the source
of my problem, somehow.

--RDM