[Zope] Banner + search engine + Zope

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:05:15 -0700

Chris McDonough wrote:

> Bill, do you mean that you're thinking of enabling the product to serve
> ads based on visitor "profile" (such as originating IP address, domain,
> time-of-day, browser, etc)?

Time of day can certainly be done. Shouldn't be that difficult to test
by IP, domain and browser, thoigu I admit I hadn't thought of them.

Basically, when called, a banner tests's it's validity agfainst a set of
rules, and those banners that pass are put into a list. that list is
built using weight, and the weights could be modified at runtime based
upon things such as keywords or other tests.

Bill

--
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.