[Zope] retrieving variables from an earlier form

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:37:01 -0800

Joe Hewitt wrote:

> I'm trying to create several screens to allow my technician to keep a log
> of problem reports.
>
> I chose to create a search form.  The data will display in the usual table
> form and the user will select the item wanted for display in an update
> form with the values shown as default field values.
>
> In the table view, I created a link to my next form in the following way:
>
> <a
> href="http://localhost:8080/School/Admin/Computer/displayitem?id=<dtml-var
> id>&Submit=Submit&Query">
>
> The problem is that no data gets stuffed into the values="" attributes of
> the form which leads me to believe that either I'm not using the
> <dtml-sqlvar> tags correctly or I'm not calling the data selected from the
> database (mysql) for use in the new form correctly.

It looks like you are trying to use an anchor tag to submit a form.
This will not work as it is not proper HTML.  You need to use an <input
type=submit...> or some other valid way of submiting the form.

-Michel