[Zope] discussion/forum product/zclass

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 08:49:14 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Mar 2000, - wrote:

> hi all,
> i've been looking at confera and zdiscussion as a possible forum solution.
> however, i'm also looking at other perl/php products.
>
> my Q:
> -anybody on the list have deployed confera/zdiscussion on  a large site?

We have deployed a heavily modified Squishdot site that handles around
30-40K requests a day.

> -what will a lot of traffic do to Data.fs?  will i have to pack often?

Depends. Trafic by itself does not increase the size of Data.fs.

> -i'm looking at modifying zdiscussion to store to an RDBMS.  anybody done that
> already?  if so, mind sharing how you did it?

Now but we will have to. After 3000-4000 postings Squishdot is very slow
and I suppose zdiscussions too.

> -i'm not a python programmer.  and i would like to implement filtering for
> certain words/malicious html tags.  i see an external method here.  any other
> solution?  dtml maybe? :)

An external method will be appropriate. Forget DTL for such task.

Pavlos