[Zope] Performance Testing / Expections

sathya linuxcraft@redspice.com
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 17:20:13 -0600

On Sun, 26 Mar 2000, you wrote:

> > 2. Cache results of dynamic pages and then serve that up instead.  This can
> > speed things up by a factor of 5 for pages that are only a little dynamic.
>
> Yeah I am currently thinking of the best way todo this. I guess I now reach
> another point. Does anyone know how to make External Methods persitent, or
> would I have to store cached information on the filesystem. Does ZCache work
> for External Methods, are there any plans todo this? I don't mind writing
> code for ZCache todo this if the current framework easily allows this.

 I usually  create python classes instead of plain external methods and
instantiate them  as zclasses. This way I can cache information with inthe
python class as class members. If there are hooks in the zope framework to do
somthing similar (ie make use of zcache etc) please post
Thanks
sathya
 necessity is the
mother of invention