[Zope] building/exporting site and server question

J. Atwood Jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 12:41:31 -0500

> And also is there any reason to use Apache instead of letting Zope run as
> the server itself -- this will be on my own server so I doubt there will be
> much else on the box then my personal project and my home site (two virtual
> domains).

The reasons I came across were if you wanted to use SSL or have a site that
is half Zope, half Apache. Otherwise for simplicity sake ZServer by itself
is a great option. It is certainly the fastest and easiest to set up.

I decided to swith the roles, as I have ZServer running on Port 80 and
Apache on 8080 to sever up statistics, documentation docs and other very
static and non-production things that would be difficult to get into Zope.

As for the W98 migration, I would say develop it on the box you are going to
use it on. In the long run all the experience you get on the development
will not transfer to another OS. Linux is a great way go.