[Zope] FileSystem Storage (was: Re: [Zope] Zope's scalability across multiple web servers)

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:28:26 -0300

On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 03:44:11PM +0000, Jason Spisak wrote:

> Is there currently a Product that uses the filesystem like you are talking
> about?  FSSession?  Is there a product to store the all my ZClass instances
> let's say on the file system right now?

If there were one, it wouldn't be a Product. What you're
looking for is a Storage for ZODB - look in your zope-home
under /lib/python/ZODB. You can just write storage methods and
plug them in.

OTOH you can't (yet) store parts of your Zope tree in one
storage and parts in other; you would have to move the whole
thing from Data.fs to whatever you're going to use.

Still I'd like to see a "filesystem directory tree storage"
(but what about version control? Undo? The whole transaction
infrastructure?)

Personally, I think the best sollution for us is a storage
based on XDelta and XDFS (check out modules xdelta, prcs2 and
xdfs from the Gnome CVS and check it out). And there is a draft
paper by the author describing it... uh... where is it? Oh,
here: http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~jmacd/masters.ps.gz

I've been dreaming of a XDFS storage for the past few weeks :-)
I'm even considering offering to hire Josh MacDonald (the
author of XDFS) to write it, I don't know whether he'd be
available but...

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
                 pgp key in the personal page

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar