[Zope] FileSystem Storage (was: Re: [Zope] Zope's scalability across multiple web servers)

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.com
Tue, 2 May 2000 14:24:09 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Lalo Martins wrote:

> Still I'd like to see a "filesystem directory tree storage"
> (but what about version control? Undo? The whole transaction
> infrastructure?)

That would be the difficult part. I suppose one way is to use the 'spare'
attributes on some new filesystems to store transaction ids. Then commands
like rm/mv/cp etc will be replaced with their transactional versions so
they will ensure transactional integrity. In other words I have no clue

Regarding archiving and distributing Data.fs files very efficient
algorithms specific to Data.fs can be written. As Data.fs only appends
data (with the exception of packing) one can quickly locate any new
appends (based on transaction ids) and distribute them to different
servers. Additionaly the changes can be stored incrementaly so you could
recreate a Data.fs file for a specified date. I really wished I had some
time to work on it ... I don't thing it would be very diffult. In other
words I am clueless again ...

Pavlos