[Zope] Re-evalute DTML

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sun, 07 May 2000 18:42:32 +0100

> Danae and Andy wrote:
>
> Is there a way to evaluate the DTML in a property.... for example I
> have <dmtl-var example> in a property of a class, but it shows up as
> dtml source in my web page. Is there a way to "evaluate" that code?

You probably want to store just

  example

as the string in the class' property.

Let's say the property is called method_to_show. In a dtml-method, you
can refer to the text in method_to_show with <dtml-var method_to_show>,
as you've discovered.

To get the acquired method called "example", you'd use something like

  <dtml-var "_[method_to_show]">

In this case, this is roughly equivalent to <dtml-var example>.

Also, please post to this list in plain text format rather than HTML
format. Many readers of this list just skip over HTML formatted email --
you're more likely to get an answer you a query if the post is plain
text.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer