[Zope] manage_changeProperties

Rik Hoekstra rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl
Fri, 12 May 2000 14:02:57 +0200

>Rik,
>
>thanks, yeah that is similar to what I want.  In fact basically it, except
>it doesn't work for me.
>
>I want to change the value of a property of an instance.

Can you access the property?

>I think I am addressing it properly, and it doesn't come up with any
errors,
>but when I check the property it hasn't changed.

If you have named propertysheets the manage_changeProperties won't work:
then you'll have to point your method explicitly to the propertysheet.

>could this be to do with permissions?  or would I get an error then?

Yep, though not always (confusing eh?). Try executing it as the superuser,
that way you'll always have the permission, unless you didn't set them in
the class (assuming it's a ZClass, but in python products it's probably not
much different)

Then it would become something like (untested):
<dtml-call
"_.getitem('z958063364').propertysheets.<propertysheetname>.manage_changePro
perties({'children'
: 90})">

hth

Rik