[Zope] unauthorized on objects which are viewable by anonymous user

Ulrich Wisser u.wisser@luna-park.de
Mon, 15 May 2000 21:50:36 +0200

Hello,

my setup is not that uncommon but something is wrong.
My root Folder is viewable by anonymous, so http://my.zope/
will be viewed with my browser. When I try to view a
subfolder which needs authentication (user is defined in
subfolder/scl_users) then my root folder and any document from
there will no longer be accessable to that user.
I tried to use a global CSS which made the error pop up.

http://my.zope/            ok
http://my.zope/cssGlobal   ok

now enter subfolder

http://my.zope/sub/        ok
http://my.zope/cssGlobal   unauthorized

and surprisingly now

http://my.zope/               unauthorized
http://my.zope/sub/cssGlobal  ok  <- this document comes through aquisition
                                     it's the one from root folder

My root folder and everything within is viewable by anonymous
(except the subfolder).

What access rights should I give?

Could anybody bring light to that darkness?

I did read the HowTo's and manuals but didn't find any solution.

Thanks

Ulli

--
----------------- Die Website Effizienzer ------------------
luna-park                Bravo Sanchez, Vollmert, Wisser GbR