[Zope] ZopeLaw

Ronald L. Chichester complaw@hal-pc.org
Tue, 16 May 2000 05:12:41 -0500

Brian Hickman wrote:

> Are there any other attorneys out there learning ZOPE.

Yes.  Although I though I was the only one.  Good to see I'm not.

> If yes, I would like
> to discuss the application of ZOPE to Law Office information handling in
> general and to the related topic of the move to an XML based Electronic
> Court Record in particular.  Please contact me directly instead of via the
> mail list.

Are you just milling over ideas or do you have something more specific in mind?
I've though the idea over recently as one of my clients filed a patent
infringement suit in the Southern District of Texas.  Problem is, the Magistrate
and the Judge in that case are both technology adverse, and don't like the
"intrusion."  I haven't broached the topic with the other side, but I suspect
that I would get a better reception to that idea there.  Has that been your
experience?  Frankly, I think that the courts would be more open to technology
if it were easier to use.  Current court docket programs were clearly written by
non-attorneys.

Definitely room for improvement in this area.

Regards,

Ronald L. Chichester
Attorney at Law