[Zope] Q: howto change HTTP_REFERER

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Wed, 17 May 2000 09:28:49 -0400

> I want to change the value of HTTP_REFERER for a response.
> The Zope Quick Reference states that there is a method "set"
> to change a
> value of a variable for the RESPONSE object. But <dtml-call
> "RESPONSE.set('HTTP_REFERER', HTTP_REFERER)"> gives an AttributeError.
> BTW: I am doing this in order to redirect a response to the
> second last
> HTTP_REFERER as I have moved most of my methods to a folder
> beneath the top
> folder. Maybe there is a better way to do this?

I'm not sure I'm following you - the referer is generated
and sent in by the _client_ in the REQUEST. You could, I
guess, change it in the request object, but it would have
no effect on the client - there is no way to influence
directly what the client sends as referer.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909