[Zope] still trying to get Catalog to work in my python product

ed colmar element@immersivearts.com
Tue, 23 May 2000 09:54:29 -0600

	Thanks to everone who has given me suggestions on this.  I really do
appreciate it.

	After looking over the PTK snapshot, I've tried to duplicate the catlog
that is implemented there.  I could not find any search utilities built in,
so I'm assuming this is still done by adding the ZsearchInterface from the
management screen.  Is this right, or is there some built-in PTK searching
tool?

	So now I have a "myproductcatalog" class which inherits ZCatalog.  All it
does is set up the Indexes, and columns

	In my base class, I initialize the catalog using (PTK code):

        # Install MyCatalog
        id = 'SiteIndex'
        catalog = MyCatalog(id, '')
        self._setObject(id, catalog)
        catalog = self.SiteIndex
        catalog.initialize()

	My sub-classes are all catalog aware, with reindex-object in all of the
editing areas.

	I don't see my catalog when I go to add a Zsearch interface.  Am I
supposed to?  What else do I need to do to make this work?

	-ed-