[Zope] Zope Email (syndication)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 17:43:56 +0100

Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> I hadn't seen this one before. Since Zope is getting a Membership component,
> I think we'll need a good, solid way to send great big bunches of email to
> Members. I'm not sure if you've thought about this aspect or not. I believe
> it is a different function with different requirements then what you have in
> providing people with email.

I only chucked the Wiki up last night to try and structure some thoughts
I had about mailing into Zope. They're only ideas and I have no idea how
to implement them...

I think plain mailhosts will do the sending thing quite well, they
handle mail sending using an external mail server :-)

I was mainly interested in getting info. into Zope through email.

> I think it may also be nice to provide the ability to delegate the mail
> sending from a different machine than the Zope web server... Whatever the
> mail sending architecture is, it needs to be able to send messages to
> hundreds of thousands of users without bogging down people coming to the
> site. That's a tall order...

Not really, ZEO would solve this problem no matter what the
architecture...

Please chuck your thoughts/comments in the Wiki though, I'd love to see
this go somewhere :-)

cheers,

Chris