[Zope] Zope Email (syndication)

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Thu, 25 May 2000 13:31:12 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Withers" <chrisw@nipltd.com>
To: "Kevin Dangoor" <kid@kendermedia.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2000 12:43 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope Email (syndication)

> I think plain mailhosts will do the sending thing quite well, they
> handle mail sending using an external mail server :-)

True, they do use an external server. But can they handle a really large
volume of mail? I seem to remember getting an error just sending about 35
messages a month ago, but I could have something misconfigured...

> > I think it may also be nice to provide the ability to delegate the mail
> > sending from a different machine than the Zope web server... Whatever
the
> > mail sending architecture is, it needs to be able to send messages to
> > hundreds of thousands of users without bogging down people coming to the
> > site. That's a tall order...
>
> Not really, ZEO would solve this problem no matter what the
> architecture...

You're right about that. ZEO is probably a good way to do this delegation...

> Please chuck your thoughts/comments in the Wiki though, I'd love to see
> this go somewhere :-)

Will do... Maybe I'm raising a non-issue, if mailhosts can handle the load
and ZEO will deal with the delegation...

Kevin