[Zope] Re: ANN: Perl for Zope

Sin Hang Kin kentsin@poboxes.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 16:18:28 +0800

Oh no!!!

Zope by itself is bad enough. Do pull in more trouble.

Zope needed to clean up before it goes too  bad. Zope is powerful, but is
already too difficult for beginner to learn. It is not easy to do simple
things, I think this will destroy zope because It will bring in more
different syntax, inconsistent implementation.

Recently, there is a lots of things happening in zope, some is deeply in the
root, like security, zodb, patterns, zcatalogue.

If perl is going to be enter zope, couldnt it wait a bit after you clean up
zope a little bit. Re-write dtml syntax and make zope dtml more easy to
learn. I think that will be a bigger userbase than those perl wizzard.

rgs,

kentsin