[Zope] Building ZPyGreSQLDA on Linux

Daryl Tester dt@picknowl.com.au
Mon, 29 May 2000 19:56:52 +0930

Charlie Derr wrote:

> My problem fits under this subject so i thought i'd hijack it :-]

> I have redhat 6.1, and i've installed and gotten postgresql 7.0  working
> okay (at least i can create tables at a psql prompt and insert data).
[snip]
> it failed with an error saying that libpq-fe.h and libpq/libpq-fs.h weren't
> found

Caveat: I'm running 6.5.2.  First, try running:

   find /usr/include/ -name "libpq*"

and see if it actually reports that you have those files present on
your system.  You haven't said a lot (read: anything) about how
you installed postgresql, so I'm assuming that for whatever reason
you may be missing your postgresql development environment (for the
record, RedHat installs those include files in /usr/include/pgsql/,
but you'll need the libraries as well).

Regards,
  Daryl Tester