[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar@maxnm.com
Wed, 31 May 2000 18:33:07 +0300

Rodger Donaldson wrote:

> I'll go with that.  In fact, the sheer, stupid *hatred* directed by a big
> chunk of the list at anyone who doesn't draw and quarter perl programmers on
> sight has me convinced not to bother with Zope any more; I can work with
> a variety of *tools* like Mason and ACS, rather than buy into *religions*,
> as Zope appears to be.

Heh - some people are stopping to use Zope 'cause of Perl Methods, and now
people are stopping to use Zope because of all the other people who hate the
idea of Zope supporing Perl.  Now it's time for the third round of people,
who are going to drop Zope because obviously everyone is stopping to use
Zope, so what's the point of using it?

Niven's 16th Law:
"There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it."

While we're at it, the 14th:
"There exist minds that think as well as you do, but differently.
(The gene-tampered turkey you're talking to isn't necessarily one of
them.)"

--
Itamar S.T.  itamar@maxnm.com
"It don't get thingier than that!"