[Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Wed, 31 May 2000 15:30:17 -0500

Frankly, I don't know what all the fuss is about.  While I would personally
choose Python over Perl when scripting, having additional choices is never a
bad thing.

Here are 3 reasons why Perl methods should be added:

	Increased userbase for ZOPE.
	Reusability of working Perl code.
	The ability to use Perl should I decide it can do the job better.

If you feel that you need to stop using ZOPE because they added
functionality, then see ya later.  In addition, if you decide not to start
using a great product like ZOPE because you feel you are being picked on,
well then sorry, but you will be missing out.

Fighting over this is silly and it wastes the time of those who would like
to find meaningful answers to posed questions.

JMHO,

Jeff Peterson
Software Engineer
The Bridge/Befera Interactive Cablenet

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Rodger Donaldson
Sent: Wednesday, May 31, 2000 5:46 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] ANN: Perl For Zope

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 01:39:56AM +1000, Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> +----[ Chris McDonough ]---------------------------------------------
> | This is pretty silly.
>
> I agree, it got silly about 8 hours ago.

I'll go with that.  In fact, the sheer, stupid *hatred* directed by a big
chunk of the list at anyone who doesn't draw and quarter perl programmers on
sight has me convinced not to bother with Zope any more; I can work with
a variety of *tools* like Mason and ACS, rather than buy into *religions*,
as Zope appears to be.

Shame.  I'm mostly a perl programmer, but Zope was convincing me I needed to
spend some time on python.  But if this list is representitive of the python
community - well, I don't need more idiots in my life.

--
Rodger Donaldson		rodgerd@diaspora.gen.nz
"That... feels... wonderful... Bones..."