[Zope] MySQL Database Connector

ghaley@mail.venaca.com ghaley@mail.venaca.com
Mon, 2 Apr 2001 18:18:20 -0400 (EDT)

hi jens,

if you've gotten this far, you've made a lot of progress indeed.
the connection string what you use to open a mysql client connection.
if you were running from a shell prompt, you could enter something like:

	$ mysql -u root dbase_name -p

mysql would prompt you for the root password.

the connection string for a zmysql database connection is something like:

    dbase_name user password

note they are not separated by commas.  if you could not set this when you
added the method, you can go to the properties of the connection method
and set them there.

also, please note, i have also seen the connection string to be simply the
database name and the root users password, though 2.3 (which i have on my
home machine) does not allow that.

hth.

ciao!
greg.