[Zope] Need help with ':records' form construct

Chris Beaumont cbeaumon@msri.org
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 01:48:36 -0700

Hello,

I'm hoping that one of you can help me out with the
not-very-well-documented  ' :records ' form construct.

I have a long form which contains information from around 100
separate database records..

This is being sent into Zope from a FileMaker form.. Its displayed in
a long Zope form (it displays properly...) and edited.. and then I'm
hoping to submit it from Zope and use the information to populate a
SQL database via a ZSQL method.. I've tried two different ways to get
it into my database, both iterating through the results and calling
the SQL method on each iteration, and also doing my dtml-in in the
ZSQL method itself. Neither have worked..

The ZSQL documentation doesn't give much to go on.... so I'm hoping
some of you can give me some pointers.. The data is mixed strings and
integer data, but that shouldnt be a problem.. When I point the forms
action at a method with simply <dtml-var REQUEST> in it, I see that
it appears that the data is being concatenated together.. Is this
what is supposed to be happening?

Any ideas or suggestions on how to make this work are welcome..

-Chris

This is the first part of the form and then the <dtml-var REQUEST> output..

___cut here________

<input type="hidden" NAME="sqlinput.PERS_FMPID:records"
value="&dtml-PERS_FMPID;">
<TR><TD ALIGN="RIGHT">Last Name</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE="TEXT"
NAME="sqlinput.PERS_LNAME:records"
value="&dtml-PERS_LNAME;"></TD></TR>
	<TR><TD ALIGN="RIGHT">First Name</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE="TEXT"
NAME="sqlinput.PERS_FNAME:records"
value="&dtml-PERS_FNAME;"></TD></TR>
	<TR><TD ALIGN="RIGHT">Person Type</TD><TD>

submit Process
sqlinput [PERS_AFFILIATION: , PERS_ARRIVALDATE: , PERS_DEPARTDATE: ,
PERS_EMAIL: alperin,  PERS_FMPID: 33133, PERS_FNAME: Roger,
PERS_LNAME: Alperin, PERS_OFFICE: , PERS_TYPE:  gm, PERS_AFFILIATION:
, PERS_ARRIVALDATE: , PERS_DEPARTDATE: , PERS_EMAIL: andersen,
PERS_FMPID: 33179, PERS_FNAME: Jorgen, PERS_LNAME: Andersen, P