[Zope] Need help with ':records' form construct

Paz paz@chello.nl
Sun, 15 Apr 2001 12:25:14 +0200

Somewhere there is some decent documentation but I dont have that ref handy
at the moment. The way I understand the records to work is this:

In the form, your input tages need to be as so:

<input type="text" name="item.a:records:required">

- required bit is superfluous.

In the the dtml, you need to call the ZSQL method....

<dtml-if "REQUEST.has_key('Submit')">
   <dtml-call submitFormZSQLMethod>
</dtml-if>

- note there are no parameters passed through this... It doesnt seem to work
if you do that... I've tried with no success.

In the submitFormZSQLMethod...

The parameters passed in are : item:records

then the ZSQL method:

<dtml-in item>
   insert into table yaddayadda (a, b, c) values  (
   <dtml-sqlvar a type=string>,
   <dtml-sqlvar b type=string>,
   <dtml-sqlvar c type=string>                    )
   <dtml-var sql_delimiter>
</dtml-in>

- you are naming all inputs as an class called 'item', and specifiying that
they are 'records'. You need the dtml-in because 'records' implies of course
more than one, so the REQUEST will show item.a = something item.b =
something else and so on
- I dont know if you can do this from a Filemaker form because I don't see
how the item iteration would work into the Zope namespace... .but Im not the
one top ask about that. ... I;m only showing what I know, which aint that
much...

Paz