[Zope] debugging security issues

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha@swing.be
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 22:42:39 +0200

Hi all,

I am blocked by a bad security issue when playing with some ZPatterns
objects.

I am trying to find a way to go on.

I have been reading both Zope security and ZPatterns source code.

I have been stepping in code both with python and Pythonwin debuggers
and cannot understand why I always get the following error message even
when accessing URL as a manager or setting multiple proxy roles :

_________

Traceback (innermost last):
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 222, in
publish_module
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 187, in
publish
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 171, in
publish
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\mapply.py, line 160, in
mapply
                 (Object: index_html)
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 112, in
call_object
                 (Object: index_html)
               File E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\OFS\DTMLDocument.py,

line 189, in __call__
                 (Object: index_html)
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_String.py, line 538,

in __call__
                 (Object: index_html)
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\DocumentTemplate\DT_With.py, line 146,
in render
                 (Object: defaultRack.getItem('100'))
               File E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\OFS\DTMLMethod.py,
line 261, in validate
                 (Object: index_html)
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\AccessControl\SecurityManager.py, line
144, in validate
               File
E:\BubbleNetTestSite\lib\python\AccessControl\ZopeSecurityPolicy.py,
line 168, in validate
             Unauthorized: id

_______

The id above is an original zope object id.

I think there is a point that I do not get.

I would appreciate any hint on security issues or ways of debugging my
problem...
--

Godefroid Chapelle

BubbleNet sprl