[Zope] JavaScript windows like framework?

Etienne Labuschagne etiennel@geospace.co.za
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 10:07:48 +0200

Hi all

I am interested in creating a Zope emitted JavaScript framework that will
give one the ability to create GUI application like websites.  This
framework could be used to create dragable windows, panels, tabbed panel and
all the other common windowing components.  Most people are familiar with
windowing environments and things like Window's start bar's concepts.  This
way one could make a very familiar environment for the user.  I don't know
if there is already something like this available, but I think Zope will be
the ideal environment to build something like this (or then convert and
Zope'ify it!).

One can make sure that only the JavaScript relevant to the user's browser is
sent (by using aquisitioning).  This gives one quite a advantage over the
other guys who must in effect send three or more sets of source code to the
client's browser with the browser (using ifs, etc.) deciding which piece of
code to use.

It there is nothing like this available, are there anybody else interested
in starting such an open-source project?

Let me know.

Regards
Etienne