[Zope] Adobe GoLive and "Content-Type" HTTP header

Svante Kleist svante+zope@nemesis.se
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:44:47 +0200

Chris and other GoLive fans,

Not that I expect much from it, and mostly
out of pure curiosity about this new phenomenon
on the Internet, I've opened an issue with
the new commercial support broker service at

	< "http://www.adobe.com/support" >

	(click "Adobe Support Exchange" beneath
	"Direct Support" in the lower right)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

My WebDAV server contains HTML documents
named without a ".htm" / ".html" suffix.
They are served with a correct "Content-Type"
HTTP header, which GoLive obviously reads
since the Inspector displays "text/html"
in the "Content Type" field.

However, the pop-up menu for these documents
does not contain an "Open" choice.

Is there a way of helping stupid GoLive
to understand that this really is an HTML
document? When I double-click on it,
I want GoLive to open it, and not to display
the "Browse for Folder" dialog.

I'll summarize any solutions here.

/ Svante Kleist, NEMESIS systemDesign, Stockholm