[Zope] ZMySQLDA or ZMySQLDA

ghaley@mail.venaca.com ghaley@mail.venaca.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 10:53:12 -0400 (EDT)

	ZMySQLDA 1.2.0 runs on both zope 2.2 and 2.3 -- since 1.2.0 came
out about the time that MySQL 3.23 became stable, it might be that it
supports the fuller functionality that MySQL 3.23 affords.

	The only problem I've had is with getting the MySQLdb to build
properly.  I think there is a binary bundled with ZMySLQDA 1.2, but I
could not get it to make the actual database connection.  So I tracked
down an older, source release, and built it by hand, following the
instructions that are available, I think, on Andy Dustman's web site.

	Once it is built properly, it works very well.

	hth.

	ciao!
	greg.

	Gregory Haley