[Zope] ZMySQLDA or ZMySQLDA

Ron Bickers rbickers@logicetc.com
Wed, 25 Apr 2001 12:05:49 -0400

I know that Andy is actively developing his adapter as well as the Python
MySQLdb module that goes along with it (and can be used separately for other
Python/MySQL projects).  They're both very stable, thread safe, and support
transactions.  I don't know about 1.2.0, other than it's been there for
nearly a year without change.  I don't mean to discount morderd's
contribution, just that Andy has done a great job with MySQL support.

See http://dustman.net/andy/python for the latest MySQLdb and ZMySQLDA.
_______________________

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.
rbickers@logicetc.com

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Harald
Koschinski
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 10:18 AM
To: Zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] ZMySQLDA or ZMySQLDA

Hallo,
as I can see there are two independent DatabaseAdapters for MySQL.
The first is from mordred with the current versions 1.1.4 (stable) and 1.2.0
(developement), http://www.zope.org/Members/mordred/ZMySQLDA.
The second one is from andy dustman with current version 2.0.6 ,
http://www.zope.org/Members/adustman/Products/ZMySQLDA.
I am running now zope 2.2.4 with ZMySQLDA 1.1.3 (the first one) without any
problems. Now I will update to zope 2.3.2, so I am thinking again about the
right adapter.
Can anybody give me some informations about the advantages / disadvantages
of both adapters.
Why are there 2 different adapteres doing the same thing.
Any help is welcome.
Thank you zopistas.
Regards
Harald