[Zope] Debian zope2.3.1 installation powerpc

Michel Dänzer michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 00:30:01 +0200

sean.upton@uniontrib.com wrote:

> Much of Zope is written in C, thus compiled. There should be a deb for
> 2.3.0-4 at the very least for ppc under Deiban unstable (I installed this on
> my Mac/Linux laptop a few weeks ago).  I know that the deb for i386 is now
> updated to 2.3.1-1, but I'm not sure how package maintainers ensure builds
> on all platforms on Debian (personally, I'd like to know, becuase I am
> planning on running Zope on Debian systems on both the intel and sparc
> platforms).

There are build daemons for each architecture which build packages from source
if no binaries are uploaded for them. All reasonably sane packages propagate
to all architectures within a few days, and looking at
http://voltaire.debian.org/buildlogs/zope (voltaire is the machine running the
powerpc buildd) it seems zope is sane.