[Zope] Zope management screens and OmniWeb (on OS X)

Jens Vagelpohl jens@digicool.com
Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:33:21 -0400

this looks like the same problem that we saw with a few other browsers, such
as konqueror or some IE5 versions.

the issue here is that the right hand pane, manage_main, does not explicitly
ask the browser for authentication info, it expects this info to be sent
automatically. which all other browsers gladly do (IE 5 has been fixed, and
so has konqueror).

lacking any auth info manage_main resorts to giving the user whatever it can
show to anonymous, which is index_html.

what i am trying to say is that OmniWeb's behavior about sending auth info
is out of line with the other browsers' behavior. the omni guys should clean
that up.

jens

(using OS X at home and at work and resorting to IE5 / NS on classic to do
any zope-related work)