[Zope] sendmail problem or issue?

Tim Haines Tim Haines" <tim@ims.co.nz
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:28:11 +1200

Hi there,

I've run into a few problems with the sendmail tag this morning.

1) I have the sendmail tag using the mailhost arg.  Running the page from
the server works fine.  If I try and run it from another machine, zope tells
me it can't find mailhost.

2) I have the sendmail tag using the smtphost arg.  Works fine from the
server and from other machines in the internal network (which are allowed to
use the smtp server), but of course it doesn't work from machines external
to the network, i.e. Jim Bob from X Corp across town can't run the page
because his machine isn't allowed to use the smtp server.

I would have expected that the mail is created and sent by the machine
running zope, not the machine running the browser.  What's going on here,
and what should I do to fix the problem?

Tim.