[Zope] Zope IOError messages

Jérôme Loisel jerome@levinux.org
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:52:00 -0400

Hello!

After working on my website for a few hours, I sometimes start getting
IOErrors from Zope in stupid_log_write. See the full message here:

http://zope.levinux.org/ioerror.html

This only happens when editing the site. Upon encountering this error once,
all subsequent attempts at modifying the site (or even restarting Zope from
the control panel) fail with the same error. Simply viewing the site,
however, will continue working.

This problem is does not crop up constantly, but it is not rare either. I
work full-time on the website, and this IOError happens a few times a week.
It seems to be happening more recently. (Maybe I should pack my database?)

I would like to know why this happens and whether or not I can do something
about it. The site is meant to be dynamic user-editable. I can manually
restart the Zope server, but my users cannot. So this could easily turn into
a big headache if the problem persists.

Thank you very much in advance. Cheers,

Jérôme Loisel

--