[Zope] writing dtml on zope.org

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:25:40 -0600

ethan mindlace fremen wrote:

> --On Monday, April 30, 2001 13:46:22 -0600 Casey Duncan <cduncan@kaivo.com>
> wrote:
>
> > ethan mindlace fremen wrote:
>
> > Many members use it to create a dynamic home page on Zope.org. However,
> > if a good template was available, that might suffice. Also an alternate
> > side bar method (using tinytable maybe?) would need to be found.
>
> yes, an alternate sidebar (frankly, navigation in general) would be
> provided. OTOH, home pages would be a bit less customisable, in part
> because many user's home pages override standard_html_header & footer and
> thus make the site-wide nav break.

This is good. I think Members breaking the nav is a Bad Thing(tm)
anyhow. Obviously this is something you aim to prevent.

> > This would break a great many members home pages to I am afraid.
>
> If we had a standard way of showing off member's content, would that be OK?

All I am after is a way to present the standard stuff, howtos, tips and
products. I suspect this is all that anyone really needs. If you want
more, you should just have your own site as you suggest.

What objects would members still be able to create?

--