[Zope] Great html-applet ( commecial ) to be used as a content-editing tool with Zope

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper@rice.edu
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 10:06:46 -0500

> I'd really be interested by this mozilla xul stuff. Right now I'm
> probably using it without noticing. ;-)
>
> (this message is being written in mozilla mail btw).
>
> Do you think it could be possible to use standard html text area and
> edit those with a rich html edit component?

If you're using Mozilla, you're using the heck out of xul without noticing.

I don't know if Mozilla can be convinced to embed a XUL editor widget in
plain ol' HTML. I know there are examples of the plugin interface used
to put native editing widgets in a browser:

http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/modules/plugin/samples/testevents/

but I think putting a XUL widget in HTML (or replacing the HTML
'textarea') would require a little bit more kung-fu. But perhaps
someone's already done that. It may be that all this requires is a bit
of CSS magic, but that's really not my area.

What would be possible is to make a XUL file that mimics a Zope editing
page with a visual editor component. That shouldn't be too hard. I've
already threatened to try that, but no dice. Perhaps in a week or two.

            --jcc
        (there is only xul)