[Zope] uploading multiple files into zope

Peter Bengtsson mail@peterbe.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:28:54 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> I have my site all set up and ready to rock (I think :), so now I would
like
> to upload my files from my old system.  I was planning on ftp'ing them
> (mostly just html files) in but realised that thay are spread over a
> multitiude of subdirectories.  Usually one would normally just tar the
whole
> thing, ftp the tar and then untar at the other side, but of course I can't
> do this in zope (or can I?).
>
> Is there any easy way of moving (over 5,000 files in about 800 dirs)
without
> doing each subdirectory individually?  Maybe this is not a zope question?

That'll be the load_site script module

In windows:
C:\program files\zope>python utilities/load_site.py -u username:password
http://localhost:8080/site d:\data\oldsite

There are two improved versions of it floating around out there. Use the
mailing list archive to find it.
Basically, the improvement you might need is that it doesn't overwrite
existing folders.