[Zope] Zope Anti-spam solution

Bruce Eckel Bruce@EckelObjects.com
Sat, 01 Dec 2001 09:21:19 -0800

Fooling around, I came up with this external method, which seems to
work perfectly:

def rewrite(self):
  return
self.REQUEST.RESPONSE.redirect('mailto:Bob@Whoopee.com?Subject=A
test of unspam')

It seems to do the right thing: pop up email on my machine.

And you just put a URL on your page, no javascript needed. I mean,
is this cool or what? The question is, would a spider -- which is
visiting every url -- know what to do with what comes back from
this particular URL?

Hmm. I wonder if I can pass the subject string in to the external
method somehow.

Most current information can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Etc/notes.html
Bruce Eckel    http://www.BruceEckel.com
Contains free electronic books: "Thinking in Java 2e" & "Thinking
in C++ 2e"
Please subscribe to my free newsletter -- just send any email to:
join-eckel-oo-programming@earth.lyris.net
My schedule can be found at:
http://www.mindview.net/Calendar