[Zope] Building Zope w/ Sun Forte (rather than gcc)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 21:57:30 +0100

Oliver Erlewein writes:
 > #D. Maurer:
 > I've read your answer with the different thread policies. That's the exact
 > description of what is happening! The thing is, that that would mean that
 > Solaris only supports serial threading (i.e. one thread). If I hadn't seen it I
 > wouldn't have believed it! What component is responsible for such behaviour?
It does not mean serial threading, only the thread activation is different.

The original post (the one I replied to) clearly showed that the
tasks have been executed in parallel: the tasks terminated in
the order of execution time. A task stating late nevertheless
finished quickly because it had a small execution time.

Only specialized problems should depend on the thread activation
policy. Usual situations should only be influenced in a minor way.

 > What can we do aout it?
I would not expect external controllability of the thread activation
policy. But maybe, you find some hint in the Solaris threading
documentation (look at Solaris and Posix threads).

Dieter