[Zope] Building Zope w/ Sun Forte (rather than gcc)

Paul Horbal horbal@vlsi.enel.ucalgary.ca
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:35:04 -0700

Oliver,

Python 2.1.1 compiles and works multi-threading using either gcc or Sun Forte.  My system is a Netra X1 (UltraSPARC IIe) running Solaris 8 (latest kernel patch applied is the early November release).

I haven't experienced any threading-related hangups and it appears to be working just fine.

Perhaps you've got a broken gcc threading library?  The version of gcc I have was the package grabbed from sunfreeware.com.  Alternatively, if you'd like, I can tar up my build of Python and make it available for download.  I have it installed into /opt/python, so you could try it out concurrently.

cheers,
Paul.