[Zope] ZMI-based CMF features

Darcy Clark darcyc@engin.umich.edu
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:29:01 -0500

Hi,

I'd like to integrate some CMF-type features into the standard ZMI (Zope
Management Interface). I want to do this for 2 reasons :

1. I'm lazy - the ZMI takes care of a lot of basic infrastructure, I don't
want to code interfaces for everything
2. I like the ZMI interface

Basically the CMF feature that I want most is Workflow. I downloaded
DCWorkflow and a patch to make it work outside of a CMF site, so now my plan
is to create some content types based on CMFCore:PortalContent and add some
additional tabs and buttons to the ZMI to handle the Workflow features.

So I have two questions to those with more Zen than I :

1. Can this work ? Is this a waste of time and effort ?
2. Has anyone done this already who would also be willing to share pointers
and/or code ?

cheers,

Darcy Clark