[Zope] Zope 2.4.3 crashing continually

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 11:58:59 +0100

> I'm having continual crashing problems with Zope 2.4.3 running on
> Solaris. I first noticed it when loading the management interface would

There is strong evidence suggesting that python 2.1 and solaris do not mix
well currently. Som of us have experienced bad performance, threading
problems, and core dumps; i  believe that Zope is one app that suffers very
much from this, since it cannot work wihtout threads.

> indicates that some Product had exited. The only non-distribution
> product I have installed is the latest DCOracle2; might that be causing
> it?

There might be, and I myself have had problems with it, but I cannot say
that they are entirely DCO2's fault. I would suggest to test on another kind
of OS, *bsd, linux or even windows. That way you can test if the problems
dissapear or if they persist...

Out of curiosity, what is your setup? The more data about problems we have,
the better.

Thre are some current threads about this on the zope-dev list and in the
zope-db list as well. You may find some more information there.

sincerely,

/dario