[Zope] String .lower, .upper, and .title in a Python Script

complaw@hal-pc.org complaw@hal-pc.org
Thu, 13 Dec 2001 19:36:01 GMT

Okay, here is a strange bit of behavior in a Zope (and python for that matter,
as I'm working with a python script.

In the string module, there is:  .lower(), .upper(), .capitalize(), and
.title().

In a python script...

myStr = string.lower(myStr)       # Works!
myStr = string.upper(myStr)       # Works!
myStr = string.capitalize(myStr)  # Works!
myStr = string.title(myStr)       # DOES NOT WORK!

If you look up .title() in the python manual (its on page 8 of the Library
Reference Manual), it has .title() as one of the string functions (presumably in
the string module).

Unfortunately, if I run .title() in my stript, I get an AttributeError for
"title".  Not so with the others.

Am I missing something?

TIA,

Ron