[Zope] Viewing objects in sub-folders

Stephen Schneider stephen@mindarch.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:26:41 -0500

Hi all,

I am new to Zope.  I have been working with it for my company and getting a
web site together.  So far I'm liking it more than I thought.

I have started getting into using dtml and have hit a wall.  Let me
describe.

I have a folder that has 3 sub folders.  I created 3 zclasses/products.
Users add new objects into these 3 folders, the objects being one of the 3
products created.  Now I have a dtml method that will list the objects in
the folder with the properties that were set.  I can go to any of the 3
folders and view the dtml method to see the objects there.  But what I need
is this.  I have an index_html in the main folder containing these 3
folders.  This index_html needs to use the dtml method for displaying from
each folder.  So on the index_html the objects and properties from all 3 sub
folders would be displayed in a columnar format.  What do I use/do on the
index_html to use or display the objects in a sub-folder?

Make sense?  I hope so.  I would appreciate any help or guidance to get
going on this.

Stephen

Stephen Schneider
Mind Architecture