[Zope] Viewing objects in sub-folders

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:21:41 +0100

Stephen Schneider writes:
 > I have a folder that has 3 sub folders....
 > Now I have a dtml method that will list the objects in
 > the folder with the properties that were set.  I can go to any of the 3
 > folders and view the dtml method to see the objects there.  But what I need
 > is this.  I have an index_html in the main folder containing these 3
 > folders.  This index_html needs to use the dtml method for displaying from
 > each folder.  So on the index_html the objects and properties from all 3 sub
 > folders would be displayed in a columnar format.  What do I use/do on the
 > index_html to use or display the objects in a sub-folder?
 >
 > Make sense?  I hope so.  I would appreciate any help or guidance to get
 > going on this.
I had a bit of pain to understand you but I think I succeeded:

"index_html"
   <dtml-let standard_html_header="''"
             standard_html_foolter="''">
      <dtml-with folder1>
        <dtml-var your_method>
      </dtml-with>
      <dtml-with folder2>
        <dtml-var your_method>
      </dtml-with>
   </dtml-let>

or alternatively:

"index_html"
   <dtml-let standard_html_header="''"
             standard_html_foolter="''">
      <dtml-var expr="your_method(folder1,_)">
      <dtml-var expr="your_method(folder2,_)">
   </dtml-let>

Dieter